My favorite week of the year is here, fellow foodies: Restaurant Week! I’m hoping to beat my number from last year, since I only made it to two places (Petite Jacqueline and The Great Lost Bear). I think that four is the number for 2014.
Here’s where I’m heading:
1. Bonobo Wood Fired Pizza for dinner-I went and had the Bessie pizza Monday night, with a dry and excellent white wine pairing.
2. David’s for lunch- I’ve been to David’s for dinner, which was my Valentine’s Day last year and I enjoyed it, so let’s see what a 2 course lunch for $15 is like!
3. Twenty Milk Street for dinner– I haven’t been back since 2009 but you can believe that I’m looking forward to it! The prime rib I had there still enters my dreams every once in a while…
4. Vinland for lunch– It’s really a shame that I haven’t made it there yet but I have high expectations for this all local restaurant, and I know that the food is going to impress.
5. ? If I can make it to five restaurants, you know I will. Stay tuned for my rundown on Maine Restaurant Week in Portland, highlighting my experience in the next week!
*Looking for places to go in Portland for Restaurant Week? Here are some reviews I’ve written about participating restaurants*